Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sarcophagi Logo & Celebration: 100,000 Visitors? What the What What?

My kids Izzy and Nate holding the blog's Sarcophagi logo with a level of excitement that tells me they have entered into a sophisticated new mode of manipulating me to stay up on a school night.
In honor of hitting 100,000 visitors to Sarcophagi, I thought we could do a behind-the-scenes bit as celebration. I have had a few people ask how I did the logo for Sarcophagi... Quark? Photoshop?

Truth is, when starting this blog I thought it'd be faster to make the logo for a terrain building blog by skipping the digital art and knocking it out in foam and paint. Fitting. So I did.

I raised the font to 40 or something and printed "Sarcophagi" out; that's the plural of sarcophagus. I was into Egyptian things in art school, what can I say. I transferred the lettering to the foam, cut the letters with a hot wire and mounted it on pink foam that I had etched like a wall. Some paint and some digital snaps and BAM! Leggo my logo.


A few years later my kids are holding it up because all the zeros in the Visitor section mean they can stay up past their bedtime for some reason... Happy New Year or something like that!

Thank you dear reader 100,000 times for being a part of Sarcophagi!

GET TO BED!!!!

5 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Fantastic story and a well deserved milestone - congratulations!

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks Paul! You are an honored guest. Thanks for being a part of this.

Jason said...

lolwut? only you would actually create a physical logo for your blog. only you.

great job, keep up the reading material.

Yeti's Yell said...

Jason,

LOL. I know. Also,the weirdest things impress my kids. Riding a bike from Boston to New York? Twice? Meh. Fooling the internet with art projects? WIN.

Joe Kopena said...

I always wondered what was going on with the logo, specifically that slight touch of captured-off-TV grainyness it has, but I never ever considered the possibility it was a photo of an actual thing you'd made.

You're a madman.