Thursday, August 22, 2013

Warmachine: Khador Underway


I knew it was bound to happen. I graduate college, start in on a huge backlog of projects both game-related and no, start a rhythm of painting, prioritizing and sorting what the hell needs to be built. I kept wondering if I would let myself be drawn into some painting and playing that had nothing to do with the work I most lamented not doing because of life (eg. Strange Aeons).

So now I’m in a Warmachine campaign. I already planned a Fall of Strange Aeons but instead I’m dragging out all the Khador I neglected to paint in Mk i.

Campaign starts in October, and we have a meeting tomorrow night to run out our charter, ways and means, that sort of thing. Between us we have a ton of terrain so the pics on Sarcophagi should look pretty good around Halloween.

So, stay tuned as I dust off my old red paint mix batches… which are all dried out. And GW changed their color formulas… great.


The Wall of Shame or What I Could Paint for the Campaign Since I own it Unpainted:

Warcasters:

  1. eSorcha
  2. Vlad
  3. eVlad
  4. eButcher
  5. Strakhov
  6. Old Witch
Jacks:

  1. Destroyer
  2. Devastator
  3. Spriggen
  4. Kodiak X2
  5. Drago (definitely painting him)
  6. Marauder (already converted it)

Units:

  1. IFP
  2. Doomreavers
  3. Greylords
  4. Man O War Shocktroopers
  5. Man O War Demolition Crew
  6. Widowmakers
  7. Great Bears
  8. Uhlans


Solo:

  1. Koldun
  2. Kovnik
  3. Fenris


Where the frig to begin... more as I decide and progress.

In the meantime, pics of what I already have painted, Not much!


4 comments:

Allan and Carmen said...

You swing a very nice brush!!!

Which brand of paints are you using and which colours?

Happy Gaming,

Allan

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks Allan! With these it was predominantly Games Workshop. I made 4 mixes of red for the layers which worked well. Looks like I'll be remixing them. The greys were Vallejo and the green-greys were a latex house paint I custom made (I used to work in a paint factory). Flesh colors were standard GW plus some blue wash made with flow enhancer. All golds were GW brown built up with GW golds and then brown washes for reflections.

Phil said...

Great looking figures, I do like your colors!

Yeti's Yell said...

Thanks Phil!