Friday, January 14, 2011

Switcheroo

Let me put my poems in you

Since I’m closing in on a solid 1500 pt painted Valhallan IG list I figured I’d take a small breather from GW and look to finish off the Khador Greylords that I have sitting around.  I had started them before contracting GW IPV (Infantry Painting Virus.)

Overall, I’m continuing the “cold” look with the Greylords, as seen with my Butcher’s skin tones above.

Here’s the Koldun Lord WIP


And Ternion WIP



All the color is essentially blocked in. I’ll look to go back, smooth out some colors with layers and some shading. The Koldun Lord’s insignia of rank was a mystery to me until I got the Forces of Khador book and saw what the sculpt was supposed to be. Up until that point I was painting it like a Star of David. I'll be reclaiming some of that tabbard with some brown, Terracotta and then Blood Red. Then details and finally, basing.


No comments: