Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Movies

I try to watch a good movie to stay inspired with my projects, something that you can put on even while you paint and just to listen to it. To me, a good movie is something that you can watch in your mind as you listen to it while concentrating on painting/building... and it brings ideas to you army.

Right now, I've got Where Eagles Dare on in heavy rotation as inspiration for my Valhallans. One idea from the movie I used with my Valhallans was making snow plows for my tanks, similar to what was on the bus at the end of the movie.

Besides being a war monger classic, it combines 6 things I love in life:
  1. Mountain warfare
  2. British accents
  3. Clint Eastwood perpetually annoyed
  4. 60's dramatic "BUM BUM BUUUUM" music
  5. Bill Murray, I mean Richard Burton
  6. Nazi M*A*S*H* helicopters
Check out Where Eagle Dare on IMDB but skip the fan synopsis, it's not accurate and leaves out the awesome.

4 comments:

Jason said...

More power to you. This distracts the hell out of me.

Yeti's Yell said...

Maybe if you didn't paint in all that hot denim you could multi-task?

Joe Kopena said...

Is _Mean Girls_ appropriately inspirational?

Yeti's Yell said...

@Joe: For Space Marines, yes.